When choosing the perfect shirt to promote your business or company, there are many factors that come into play: price, quality, material, and fit. In today’s blog, we will break down what shirts are best for screen printing based on the type of fabric, along with some of our favorite brands and shirts from NYFifth.
100% Cotton Shirts
The most popular material being used for clothing is 100% cotton, but keep in mind that just because its popular doesn’t mean it’s top of the line. We also have a few shirts that are 100% ringspun cotton – which is more softer, feels nicer, and prints better.
- Gildan 2000 Ultra Cotton 100% Cotton T-Shirt
- Hanes 5590 Tagless 100% Cotton T-Shirt with Pocket
- Comfort Colors C4200 – Ladies Ringspun Garment-Dyed Shirt
- Bella 2020 Ladies Rib Cap Sleeve Raglan Shirt (100% ringspun cotton)
Mix Blend Shirts
A common blend that most people have heard of is the 50/50, which is 50% cotton and 50% polyester. This blend is a bit softer and the color can sometimes be heathered.
At NYFifth, we have a variety of 50/50 blend shirts from various brands! Some of our most popular are featured below:
- Port and Company PC55 50/50 Cotton Poly Shirts
- Bella + Canvas Women’s Crew Neck Heather Jersey Tee
- Gildan 8000 Ultra Blend 50/50 T-Shirt
- Anvil 450 Short Sleeve T-Shirt
Another type of blend is the tri-blend, which is usually made up of 50/25/25 — polyester, cotton and rayon. These types of shirts are much softer and have a stretchy feel to them. A popular brand that is known to use tri-blend shirts is American Apparel
- American Apparel TR308 Tri-Blend Racer Back Tank
- American Apparel TR408 – Unisex Tri-Blend Tank
- American Apparel TR401 Unisex Tr-Blend Short Sleeve Tee
- American Apparel TR301 Tri-Blend Short Sleeve Track Tee
Most shirts with cotton are great for screen printing! If you’re looking for a place for screen printing, we also provide screen printing services, as well as embroidery! At NYFifth, we offer the best competitive prices for screen printing and embroidery. For more information, check out our screen print and embroidery inquiry page.